During the week, I was chuffed to learn that I’d been nominated for a Liebster Award by Nataly at Kittencrafts who blogs ‘mostly about kittens… and crafts!’ – what a winning combo!
The Liebster Award is a badge of recognition which passes from blogger to blogger to highlight up-and-coming blogs. It’s a great way of putting the spotlight on worthy reads, and means you can find out more about the people behind the blogs – what drives and inspires them!
Those who are nominated for the award answer a series of questions about themselves, and then pass on the chain. I’m not sure why the number 11 features so heavily, but there you go!
The rules for nominees are as follows:
- Create a post about the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
- Share 11 facts/interesting things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that you were given by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (/ blogs you rate)
- Create 11 interesting questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog
11 things to know about me:
- I’m an Essex girl without the Essex accent (I do dance around my handbag)
- I love craft because it makes everything more personal and meaningful
- My first pet was called Biscuit, and my second pet called Cookie… (I like food)
- I’ve been with my boyfriend for a whopping eight years
- I’ve travelled to America and Africa, but want to see much more of the world
- When I was little, I was terrified of Edward Scissor Hands, and Jumanji
- My favourite quote is about lemons and lemonade…
- One day, I want to buy an old house and renovate it completely
- I work in Consumer PR at a London agency, looking after some cool brands
- My middle name is Marie – named after my Grandma Maisie
- I love art, photography, illustrations, upcycling and DIY
Answers to Nataly’s questions:
1. If you could describe yourself with only 5 words, what words would you choose?
Calm. Fair. Pragmatic. Discerning. Kind.
2. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
I once told a client on email that I wore my ‘willies’ to work, instead of my wellies…
3. What song would be the theme tune to your life?
Either T Rex – I Love to Boogie, or Europe – The Final Countdown
4. If someone was going to play you in a movie, who would it be?
Either Kristen Wiig from Bridesmaids for her self-deprecating humour, Jennifer Lawrence from Hunger Games for her humility / insanity, or Kristen Stewart from Twilight for her general moodiness!
5. What is the one talent you really wish you had?
I idolise people who can create things – designer / makers – who have the skill to not only come up with concepts, but to make them too. Anyone who has started their own business, and made something happen from nothing, really get a big thumbs up from me! It’s talent + guts = glory.
6. What is the most interesting/strangest fact about you?
I can dislocate my thumbs?! Next question...
7. How has receiving this nomination made you feel?
Delighted! I’m thrilled to be inolved in a network of such cool, interesting and talented craftspeople. I’m also proud to spread the word about other unique bloggers!
8. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be and why? Taking a break – on a beach – listening to the waves and watching the trees in the breeze
9. What things make you laugh?
I have quite a dark sense of humour so slap-stick comedy makes me laugh. There are a load of YouTube videos that make me laugh, such as Chicken Goat, Alan! Alan! and Charlie Bit My Finger. I love Graham Norton, 8 out of 10 Cats, An Idiot Abroad and GoggleBox, as well as the old classics like Allo Allo (I shal say ‘zis only once!), and Only Fools and Horses – Del Boy!
10. Who is the most important person in your life and why?
I don’t think there is just one person – I wouldn’t be who I am without my mum, sister, dad, and boyfriend, but likewise I wouldn’t be who I am without my wonderful friends & colleagues!
11. If you were stuck on a desert island and could take only 1 luxury item, what would you take? I’d become Captain Jack Sparrow and take rum!
My nominees for a Liebster Award are:
- The New Craft Society – Friends Hannah and Rosie blog about old crafts for the new generation
- Fall for DIY – Francesca blogs about fashion & DIY – from jewellery to wall hangings
- The Crafted Life – a craft blog that is all about making DIY fun & accessible
- The Sweetest Occasion – established lifestyle blog featuring DIY tutorials & inspiration
- My Deer Rabbit – a cool craft blog mingled with inspirational travel posts
- Ali Does it Herself – Ali’s adventures in grown-up living featuring posts about home and crafts
- Make and Do with Perri – the musings and escapes of a journalist-turned-creative director
- Bradshaw & Sons – a life-affirming blog about simple family life in the country
- My Name is Yeh – an established blog featuring food and amazing photography
- Little Cotton Rabbits – a blog about knitting and living with an autistic son
- Amaryllis Log – a crafter, proflific photographer and animal lover
For more suggestions of blogs to follow, do check out my blog side-bar and inspiration page, where I frequently feature the work of my favourite crafters – they make the world go round!
Questions for my nominees:
As above! (If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!)
Thanks for the nomination Nataly!